7.06.2010

Building out a webpp using Flask

Flask is a new micro-framework by the folks at Pocoo. I have to say I'm super impressed. The build-out is really flexible which I find as refreshing compared to Django. You can organize the application in any fashion you like; I've chosen to do a standard layout for a wsgi application. I've got a module for models, and a webapp which has submodules for my views. A nice feature of Flask is being able to register these modules on boot and instantiate all the routing; I am also initializing and managing the db connection when starting the app using the Flask-SQLAlchemy extension. Finally, I've got Flatland taking care of my forms. This overall architecture seems to his the sweet spot for my application needs. I'm knocking out tasks and taking names! Naturally all my code is on github by now...